Ward named to key Alcorn post
Marcus D. Ward has been appointed the associate vice president for development and alumni relations at Alcorn State University. He will be responsible for alumni affairs and development strategies in several key program areas, and will serve as the senior level administrative manager within the Division of Development and Marketing.
Ward is a native of West Point and most recently held the position of chief of staff and director of intergovernmental affairs for the late Frank E. Melton, mayor of the City of Jackson.
In May 2000, Ward graduated cum laude with honors distinction from Alcorn with a bachelor of arts in political science/pre-law. In 2004, Ward earned his master of public administration degree along with an information technology policy and management advanced certificate at the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University. Prior to moving back to Jackson in 2005, Ward served as a Schedule C presidential appointee as the special assistant to the assistant secretary for Fish, Wildlife and Parks within the United States Department of the Interior.
Ward is a Ford Foundation AED Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Fellow selected to study at Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. He currently resides in Jackson where he is a member of the Metro Jackson ASU Alumni Association and serves on the board of directors for Jackson 2000 and Leadership Greater Jackson Alumni.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey