White given seat on board
Tupelo obstetrician Dr. C. K. White has been named to the Local Advisory Board of BancorpSouth in Tupelo. A Fulton native, White was graduated from Itawamba Agricultural High School, Itawamba Community College and the University of Mississippi. He received his medical training at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson where he received a master of science degree in pathology, a doctor of medicine degree, was a resident physician in obstetrics and gynecology and was chief administrative resident. His medical career has included service as a staff physician at the Mississippi State Hospital in Jackson, clinical instructor in the department of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center and private practice at Sanders Clinic for Women in Tupelo.
White has been named Surgeon of the Year at North Mississippi Medical Center in 1985 and Physician of the Year at the medical center in 1991. He served as chairman of the medical staff of North Mississippi Medical Center in 1996, serving on the executive board for North Mississippi Health Services from 2000 to 2006 and chairman of the executive board from 2006 to 2008.
He is on the board of directors of Healthworks, is a past member of the board of the Community Development Foundation and is past chairman of the Mississippi section of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He is active as a clinical instructor at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
White is married to the former Elsie Davis and they have two adult children. The Whites are members of the First United Methodist Church in Tupelo.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015