New-look hotel opens in Rankin County
Published: October 13,2009
FLOWOOD — The 113-room Candlewood Suites Flowood is now open, featuring a new prototype design.
The Candlewood Suites Flowood incorporates the new exterior design with a straight, forward-facing rectangular building including a new entry way and roofline for curb appeal. In addition to the new building shape, the exterior color scheme features light khaki, olive green, tan and dark blue. The new hotel has an increased outdoor residential feel with a centrally located Gazebo Grill and additional landscaping.
The interior of the Candlewood Suites Flowood features an expanded lobby area accommodating multiple sitting areas with furniture and a 42-inch flat screen television that creates a living room-type gathering place for guests. The new lobby was designed to encourage more interaction among guests and between guests and hotel team members.
The Candlewood Suites Flowood is also decreasing water and energy consumption through the use of environmentally-friendly amenities, including low-flow shower heads and toilets, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), increased natural light and sodium vapor fixtures.
“We’re honored to be among the first Candlewood Suites properties to open with the new prototype design, and we’re excited to show off the new look,” said David Christopher, general manager.
The new property is located at 3810 Flowood Drive, and is owned by Stone Creek Lodging and managed by MMI Hotel Group, under a license agreement with a company in the InterContinental Hotels Group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager