New-look hotel opens in Rankin County
Published: October 13,2009
FLOWOOD — The 113-room Candlewood Suites Flowood is now open, featuring a new prototype design.
The Candlewood Suites Flowood incorporates the new exterior design with a straight, forward-facing rectangular building including a new entry way and roofline for curb appeal. In addition to the new building shape, the exterior color scheme features light khaki, olive green, tan and dark blue. The new hotel has an increased outdoor residential feel with a centrally located Gazebo Grill and additional landscaping.
The interior of the Candlewood Suites Flowood features an expanded lobby area accommodating multiple sitting areas with furniture and a 42-inch flat screen television that creates a living room-type gathering place for guests. The new lobby was designed to encourage more interaction among guests and between guests and hotel team members.
The Candlewood Suites Flowood is also decreasing water and energy consumption through the use of environmentally-friendly amenities, including low-flow shower heads and toilets, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), increased natural light and sodium vapor fixtures.
“We’re honored to be among the first Candlewood Suites properties to open with the new prototype design, and we’re excited to show off the new look,” said David Christopher, general manager.
The new property is located at 3810 Flowood Drive, and is owned by Stone Creek Lodging and managed by MMI Hotel Group, under a license agreement with a company in the InterContinental Hotels Group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years