Salvation Army to open new complex
Published: October 13,2009
JACKSON — On Oct. 15, The Salvation Army will hold the grand opening ceremony for its new Disaster Command Center and Warehouse in Jackson. The event will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the facility’s site on Ford Avenue in Hawkins Field Industrial Park.
The Disaster Center will include an emergency operations center for disaster response management, warehouse space for disaster deployment support and storage for a new 54-foot field kitchen and support vehicles. The 35,000-square-foot complex will serve Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.
“This warehouse is an important step in the expanding ministry of disaster response and relief work in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi and signifies a significant investment by The Salvation Army in the lives of residents so often affected by natural and manmade disasters,” said Maj. Gene Hogg, divisional secretary for The Salvation Army’s Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi Division.
For more information, call (601) 969-7560.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation