Salvation Army to open new complex
Published: October 13,2009
JACKSON — On Oct. 15, The Salvation Army will hold the grand opening ceremony for its new Disaster Command Center and Warehouse in Jackson. The event will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the facility’s site on Ford Avenue in Hawkins Field Industrial Park.
The Disaster Center will include an emergency operations center for disaster response management, warehouse space for disaster deployment support and storage for a new 54-foot field kitchen and support vehicles. The 35,000-square-foot complex will serve Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.
“This warehouse is an important step in the expanding ministry of disaster response and relief work in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi and signifies a significant investment by The Salvation Army in the lives of residents so often affected by natural and manmade disasters,” said Maj. Gene Hogg, divisional secretary for The Salvation Army’s Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi Division.
For more information, call (601) 969-7560.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet