Salvation Army to open new complex
Published: October 13,2009
JACKSON — On Oct. 15, The Salvation Army will hold the grand opening ceremony for its new Disaster Command Center and Warehouse in Jackson. The event will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the facility’s site on Ford Avenue in Hawkins Field Industrial Park.
The Disaster Center will include an emergency operations center for disaster response management, warehouse space for disaster deployment support and storage for a new 54-foot field kitchen and support vehicles. The 35,000-square-foot complex will serve Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.
“This warehouse is an important step in the expanding ministry of disaster response and relief work in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi and signifies a significant investment by The Salvation Army in the lives of residents so often affected by natural and manmade disasters,” said Maj. Gene Hogg, divisional secretary for The Salvation Army’s Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi Division.
For more information, call (601) 969-7560.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not