Salvation Army to open new complex
Published: October 13,2009
JACKSON — On Oct. 15, The Salvation Army will hold the grand opening ceremony for its new Disaster Command Center and Warehouse in Jackson. The event will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the facility’s site on Ford Avenue in Hawkins Field Industrial Park.
The Disaster Center will include an emergency operations center for disaster response management, warehouse space for disaster deployment support and storage for a new 54-foot field kitchen and support vehicles. The 35,000-square-foot complex will serve Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.
“This warehouse is an important step in the expanding ministry of disaster response and relief work in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi and signifies a significant investment by The Salvation Army in the lives of residents so often affected by natural and manmade disasters,” said Maj. Gene Hogg, divisional secretary for The Salvation Army’s Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi Division.
For more information, call (601) 969-7560.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete