Salvation Army to open new complex
Published: October 13,2009
JACKSON — On Oct. 15, The Salvation Army will hold the grand opening ceremony for its new Disaster Command Center and Warehouse in Jackson. The event will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the facility’s site on Ford Avenue in Hawkins Field Industrial Park.
The Disaster Center will include an emergency operations center for disaster response management, warehouse space for disaster deployment support and storage for a new 54-foot field kitchen and support vehicles. The 35,000-square-foot complex will serve Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.
“This warehouse is an important step in the expanding ministry of disaster response and relief work in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi and signifies a significant investment by The Salvation Army in the lives of residents so often affected by natural and manmade disasters,” said Maj. Gene Hogg, divisional secretary for The Salvation Army’s Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi Division.
For more information, call (601) 969-7560.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics