Cellular South buying Alabama firm
With this purchase, Cellular South will now be able to offer its services to customers in the cities of Huntsville, Madison, Decatur, and Gadsden, plus the counties of Blount, Cullman, Marshall, Dekalb and Jackson in Alabama, as well as Rome, Ga.
“The acquisition of Corr Wireless by Cellular South is an important step forward in Cellular South’s growth plans, and also for Corr Wireless employees and customers,” said Ben Pace, CFO for Cellular South. “Even in this tough economy, Cellular South is continuing to grow its customer base and expand its service offerings.”
“Corr’s vision and philosophy goes hand-in-hand with Cellular South’s, so the partnership is a good fit on all levels,” said Bryan Corr, president and CEO of Corr Wireless. “Both Corr Wireless and Cellular South are dedicated to providing customers with the best service, network and value.”
Corr Wireless currently employs approximately 130 employees, many of whom work in 19 company-owned stores, providing both retail and wholesale wireless services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain