Entergy lowers earnings expectations
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation expects third quarter 2009 as-reported earnings of approximately $2.31 per share and operational earnings of approximately $2.39 per share, compared to as-reported results of $2.41 per share and operational results of $2.50 per share in third quarter 2008.
As-reported earnings in third quarter 2009 will include a special item at Jackson-based Entergy Nuclear for spin-off dis-synergies. Utility, Parent & Other third quarter results in both 2008 and 2009 will include a special item for expenses for outside services to pursue the non-utility nuclear spin-off.
Entergy said the decrease in third quarter 2009 operational earnings is due primarily to lower results at Utility, Parent and Other, partially offset by increased earnings at Non-nuclear Wholesale Assets. Entergy Nuclear results were modestly higher compared to third quarter 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money