Entergy lowers earnings expectations
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation expects third quarter 2009 as-reported earnings of approximately $2.31 per share and operational earnings of approximately $2.39 per share, compared to as-reported results of $2.41 per share and operational results of $2.50 per share in third quarter 2008.
As-reported earnings in third quarter 2009 will include a special item at Jackson-based Entergy Nuclear for spin-off dis-synergies. Utility, Parent & Other third quarter results in both 2008 and 2009 will include a special item for expenses for outside services to pursue the non-utility nuclear spin-off.
Entergy said the decrease in third quarter 2009 operational earnings is due primarily to lower results at Utility, Parent and Other, partially offset by increased earnings at Non-nuclear Wholesale Assets. Entergy Nuclear results were modestly higher compared to third quarter 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow