Entergy lowers earnings expectations
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation expects third quarter 2009 as-reported earnings of approximately $2.31 per share and operational earnings of approximately $2.39 per share, compared to as-reported results of $2.41 per share and operational results of $2.50 per share in third quarter 2008.
As-reported earnings in third quarter 2009 will include a special item at Jackson-based Entergy Nuclear for spin-off dis-synergies. Utility, Parent & Other third quarter results in both 2008 and 2009 will include a special item for expenses for outside services to pursue the non-utility nuclear spin-off.
Entergy said the decrease in third quarter 2009 operational earnings is due primarily to lower results at Utility, Parent and Other, partially offset by increased earnings at Non-nuclear Wholesale Assets. Entergy Nuclear results were modestly higher compared to third quarter 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip