Entergy lowers earnings expectations
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation expects third quarter 2009 as-reported earnings of approximately $2.31 per share and operational earnings of approximately $2.39 per share, compared to as-reported results of $2.41 per share and operational results of $2.50 per share in third quarter 2008.
As-reported earnings in third quarter 2009 will include a special item at Jackson-based Entergy Nuclear for spin-off dis-synergies. Utility, Parent & Other third quarter results in both 2008 and 2009 will include a special item for expenses for outside services to pursue the non-utility nuclear spin-off.
Entergy said the decrease in third quarter 2009 operational earnings is due primarily to lower results at Utility, Parent and Other, partially offset by increased earnings at Non-nuclear Wholesale Assets. Entergy Nuclear results were modestly higher compared to third quarter 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast