Entergy lowers earnings expectations
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy Corporation expects third quarter 2009 as-reported earnings of approximately $2.31 per share and operational earnings of approximately $2.39 per share, compared to as-reported results of $2.41 per share and operational results of $2.50 per share in third quarter 2008.
As-reported earnings in third quarter 2009 will include a special item at Jackson-based Entergy Nuclear for spin-off dis-synergies. Utility, Parent & Other third quarter results in both 2008 and 2009 will include a special item for expenses for outside services to pursue the non-utility nuclear spin-off.
Entergy said the decrease in third quarter 2009 operational earnings is due primarily to lower results at Utility, Parent and Other, partially offset by increased earnings at Non-nuclear Wholesale Assets. Entergy Nuclear results were modestly higher compared to third quarter 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'