Firm wins Defense contract, adding jobs
LAUREL — HC Services Fire Protection, d/b/a International Fire & Safety Inc., has been awarded a $5.5-million contract to support the Department of Defense.
International Fire & Safety president and CEO Sue Bridges said the award will create 25 or more new jobs for Jones and surrounding counties as well as result in $30-$50 million in additional sales over the next three to five years.
Bridges was not at liberty to discuss the contract’s details, but did confirm that it is to support fire protection for U.S. troops.
“We are blessed to have received this during tough economic times, but, more important, we feel honored to be supporting our troops,” she said.
Sue and George Bridges have been in the fire protection business since 1982, and have been involved with government contracts since 2000.
Mitch Stennett, president of the Economic Development Authority of Jones County, said, “This award will have a very positive effect on our local economy because of the new jobs and additional sales.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force