Firm wins Defense contract, adding jobs
LAUREL — HC Services Fire Protection, d/b/a International Fire & Safety Inc., has been awarded a $5.5-million contract to support the Department of Defense.
International Fire & Safety president and CEO Sue Bridges said the award will create 25 or more new jobs for Jones and surrounding counties as well as result in $30-$50 million in additional sales over the next three to five years.
Bridges was not at liberty to discuss the contract’s details, but did confirm that it is to support fire protection for U.S. troops.
“We are blessed to have received this during tough economic times, but, more important, we feel honored to be supporting our troops,” she said.
Sue and George Bridges have been in the fire protection business since 1982, and have been involved with government contracts since 2000.
Mitch Stennett, president of the Economic Development Authority of Jones County, said, “This award will have a very positive effect on our local economy because of the new jobs and additional sales.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor