Firm wins Defense contract, adding jobs
LAUREL — HC Services Fire Protection, d/b/a International Fire & Safety Inc., has been awarded a $5.5-million contract to support the Department of Defense.
International Fire & Safety president and CEO Sue Bridges said the award will create 25 or more new jobs for Jones and surrounding counties as well as result in $30-$50 million in additional sales over the next three to five years.
Bridges was not at liberty to discuss the contract’s details, but did confirm that it is to support fire protection for U.S. troops.
“We are blessed to have received this during tough economic times, but, more important, we feel honored to be supporting our troops,” she said.
Sue and George Bridges have been in the fire protection business since 1982, and have been involved with government contracts since 2000.
Mitch Stennett, president of the Economic Development Authority of Jones County, said, “This award will have a very positive effect on our local economy because of the new jobs and additional sales.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi