Firm wins Defense contract, adding jobs
LAUREL — HC Services Fire Protection, d/b/a International Fire & Safety Inc., has been awarded a $5.5-million contract to support the Department of Defense.
International Fire & Safety president and CEO Sue Bridges said the award will create 25 or more new jobs for Jones and surrounding counties as well as result in $30-$50 million in additional sales over the next three to five years.
Bridges was not at liberty to discuss the contract’s details, but did confirm that it is to support fire protection for U.S. troops.
“We are blessed to have received this during tough economic times, but, more important, we feel honored to be supporting our troops,” she said.
Sue and George Bridges have been in the fire protection business since 1982, and have been involved with government contracts since 2000.
Mitch Stennett, president of the Economic Development Authority of Jones County, said, “This award will have a very positive effect on our local economy because of the new jobs and additional sales.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program