Firm wins Defense contract, adding jobs
LAUREL — HC Services Fire Protection, d/b/a International Fire & Safety Inc., has been awarded a $5.5-million contract to support the Department of Defense.
International Fire & Safety president and CEO Sue Bridges said the award will create 25 or more new jobs for Jones and surrounding counties as well as result in $30-$50 million in additional sales over the next three to five years.
Bridges was not at liberty to discuss the contract’s details, but did confirm that it is to support fire protection for U.S. troops.
“We are blessed to have received this during tough economic times, but, more important, we feel honored to be supporting our troops,” she said.
Sue and George Bridges have been in the fire protection business since 1982, and have been involved with government contracts since 2000.
Mitch Stennett, president of the Economic Development Authority of Jones County, said, “This award will have a very positive effect on our local economy because of the new jobs and additional sales.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe