Barbour sets election date for District 117 race
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has set a Nov. 17 election date for the District 117 vacancy in the State House of Representatives.
The qualifying deadline for the district in Harrison County is Oct. 18. If a run-off is necessary, it will be held Dec. 8.
The office became open Sept. 28 when Michael Janus resigned from the House to take the post as city manager for D’Iberville. There are two years remaining in the current term of office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41