Barbour sets election date for District 117 race
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has set a Nov. 17 election date for the District 117 vacancy in the State House of Representatives.
The qualifying deadline for the district in Harrison County is Oct. 18. If a run-off is necessary, it will be held Dec. 8.
The office became open Sept. 28 when Michael Janus resigned from the House to take the post as city manager for D’Iberville. There are two years remaining in the current term of office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary