Barbour sets election date for District 117 race
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has set a Nov. 17 election date for the District 117 vacancy in the State House of Representatives.
The qualifying deadline for the district in Harrison County is Oct. 18. If a run-off is necessary, it will be held Dec. 8.
The office became open Sept. 28 when Michael Janus resigned from the House to take the post as city manager for D’Iberville. There are two years remaining in the current term of office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status