Barbour sets election date for District 117 race
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has set a Nov. 17 election date for the District 117 vacancy in the State House of Representatives.
The qualifying deadline for the district in Harrison County is Oct. 18. If a run-off is necessary, it will be held Dec. 8.
The office became open Sept. 28 when Michael Janus resigned from the House to take the post as city manager for D’Iberville. There are two years remaining in the current term of office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17