Barbour sets election date for District 117 race
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has set a Nov. 17 election date for the District 117 vacancy in the State House of Representatives.
The qualifying deadline for the district in Harrison County is Oct. 18. If a run-off is necessary, it will be held Dec. 8.
The office became open Sept. 28 when Michael Janus resigned from the House to take the post as city manager for D’Iberville. There are two years remaining in the current term of office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring