Dallas to lead HealthCare Foundation
The HealthCare Foundation of the Tri-State Delta is proud to announce David Dallas as executive director beginning Nov. 1. Dallas will support and promote the foundation’s mission to assist in improving the health of the citizens in our communities through fundraising and other philanthropic efforts.
Dallas is joining after five years at Delta State University as executive director of the Bologna Performing Arts Center, where he was selected as “Delta Innovator” in 2008. He has 18 years of experience, which includes developing, monitoring and evaluating grant projects along with successful strategic leadership.
Dallas, a native of Cleveland, holds a master of public policy and administration from Mississippi State University. After graduating from MSU, he was selected by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management for a Presidential Management Fellowship and later received a Legislative Fellowship with the U.S. Senate through the Office of Mississippi Senator Trent Lott. He served six years with the United States Information Agency’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs where he administered a $40-million grant program with the Newly Independent States of the Former Soviet Union under the FREEDOM Support Act. He was selected by the Japanese Prime Minister’s office as the lead U.S. delegate on the Prime Minister’s Ship for World Youth in a three-month tour of the Pacific. He then served as the director of international programs at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill