ERDC staffers place with Toastmasters
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
Four employees at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg recently placed at a local Toastmasters competition, with two continuing on to place at the Area E-1 and Division E contests and one advancing to place at the District 43 competition.
Stephen Spangler and Dr. Jeff Hensley, both of the Information Technology Laboratory (ITL), Bobbie Bingham Morrow of the Army Corps of Engineers-Information Technology (ACE-IT) organization and Derek Wilson of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) took home the honors at the Vicksburg Toastmasters Club 2052 competition.
Spangler, who has attained the level of Advanced Communicator Gold and Advanced Leader Bronze within Toastmasters, won the Humorous Speech Contest and Morrow was named runner-up in the category. Hensley, the current president of Club 2052, was named the winner of the Table Topics Contest and Wilson, runner-up.
Spangler and Hensley also won accolades at the area competition. Spangler was named as the winner of the Humorous Speech Contest and Hensley was named runner-up in the Table Topics Contest. The pair then competed at the Sept. 12 division contests in Jackson, where Hensley was named winner of his category and Spangler runner-up of his.
Hensley’s division win qualified him for the District 43 competition, where he was named runner-up in the Table Topics category. District 43 includes areas in Mississippi, Arkansas and Tennessee and encompasses 80 clubs and 1500 members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun