ERDC staffers place with Toastmasters
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
Four employees at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg recently placed at a local Toastmasters competition, with two continuing on to place at the Area E-1 and Division E contests and one advancing to place at the District 43 competition.
Stephen Spangler and Dr. Jeff Hensley, both of the Information Technology Laboratory (ITL), Bobbie Bingham Morrow of the Army Corps of Engineers-Information Technology (ACE-IT) organization and Derek Wilson of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) took home the honors at the Vicksburg Toastmasters Club 2052 competition.
Spangler, who has attained the level of Advanced Communicator Gold and Advanced Leader Bronze within Toastmasters, won the Humorous Speech Contest and Morrow was named runner-up in the category. Hensley, the current president of Club 2052, was named the winner of the Table Topics Contest and Wilson, runner-up.
Spangler and Hensley also won accolades at the area competition. Spangler was named as the winner of the Humorous Speech Contest and Hensley was named runner-up in the Table Topics Contest. The pair then competed at the Sept. 12 division contests in Jackson, where Hensley was named winner of his category and Spangler runner-up of his.
Hensley’s division win qualified him for the District 43 competition, where he was named runner-up in the Table Topics category. District 43 includes areas in Mississippi, Arkansas and Tennessee and encompasses 80 clubs and 1500 members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win