Exterior Profiles cuts ribbon
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
MACON — Loren “Digger” Graber, president of Digger Specialties, celebrated the opening of the former Outdoor Technologies Inc. (OTI) facility in Macon, at a ribbon-cutting ceremony Oct. 7.
Graber acquired the assets of OTI from Ohio-based ProVia Door earlier this year.
In Oct. 2008, Jancor Companies, owner of OTI and two other operations in the state, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, resulting in the loss of approximately 400 jobs in three Mississippi communities. In early 2009, ProVia Door purchased the three facilities, reopened the Booneville and Macon plants and rehired many of the plants’ former employees.
Graber acquired OTI’s assets from ProVia Door in April and renamed OTI as Exterior Profiles Corporation. He has added seven additional jobs at the facility, increasing the total number of employees to 31.
“We are thankful Digger Graber has acquired the former OTI plant in Macon and has added jobs at the facility,” said Gray Swoope, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority. “What was once a dire situation for this community has had a very positive outcome, thanks to the actions of ProVia Door, Mr. Graber and the team of state and local economic developers that worked with these companies to facilitate these acquisitions.”
“This acquisition will benefit both ProVia Door and Exterior Profiles by allowing both companies to focus on their markets and their specialties,” said Graber. “I am pleased that we were able to purchase this facility, retain the workers ProVia had rehired and create additional jobs in the Macon area, and I am excited about this new operation in Mississippi.”
Exterior Profiles will be operated and managed locally. The company will focus on extruding the Heritage brand of vinyl fence, deck and rail products as well as providing a private label for the fabricator market.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center