Exterior Profiles cuts ribbon
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
MACON — Loren “Digger” Graber, president of Digger Specialties, celebrated the opening of the former Outdoor Technologies Inc. (OTI) facility in Macon, at a ribbon-cutting ceremony Oct. 7.
Graber acquired the assets of OTI from Ohio-based ProVia Door earlier this year.
In Oct. 2008, Jancor Companies, owner of OTI and two other operations in the state, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, resulting in the loss of approximately 400 jobs in three Mississippi communities. In early 2009, ProVia Door purchased the three facilities, reopened the Booneville and Macon plants and rehired many of the plants’ former employees.
Graber acquired OTI’s assets from ProVia Door in April and renamed OTI as Exterior Profiles Corporation. He has added seven additional jobs at the facility, increasing the total number of employees to 31.
“We are thankful Digger Graber has acquired the former OTI plant in Macon and has added jobs at the facility,” said Gray Swoope, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority. “What was once a dire situation for this community has had a very positive outcome, thanks to the actions of ProVia Door, Mr. Graber and the team of state and local economic developers that worked with these companies to facilitate these acquisitions.”
“This acquisition will benefit both ProVia Door and Exterior Profiles by allowing both companies to focus on their markets and their specialties,” said Graber. “I am pleased that we were able to purchase this facility, retain the workers ProVia had rehired and create additional jobs in the Macon area, and I am excited about this new operation in Mississippi.”
Exterior Profiles will be operated and managed locally. The company will focus on extruding the Heritage brand of vinyl fence, deck and rail products as well as providing a private label for the fabricator market.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan