Magazine Touts Pascagoula
PASCAGOULA — The City of Pascagoula is featured in Where to Retire magazine. The Nov./Dec. 2009 issue profiles eight cities and towns with moderating economies or lower-than-average unemployment rates that it deems worthy of this honor.
Along with Pascagoula, the list features: Rapid City, S.D.; Billings, Mt.; Baton Rouge, La.; Bradenton, Fla.; Boulder, Col.; Portland, Maine; and Provo, Utah.
Where to Retire magazine was launched in 1992 with the goal of helping readers find the ideal place to retire. The feature states that “a more active generation who wants to stay involved is reworking retirement today. Each year, 700,000 Americans move to new towns to retire.”
The magazine has a national average circulation of 220,000 and an average readership of 500,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet