Magazine Touts Pascagoula
PASCAGOULA — The City of Pascagoula is featured in Where to Retire magazine. The Nov./Dec. 2009 issue profiles eight cities and towns with moderating economies or lower-than-average unemployment rates that it deems worthy of this honor.
Along with Pascagoula, the list features: Rapid City, S.D.; Billings, Mt.; Baton Rouge, La.; Bradenton, Fla.; Boulder, Col.; Portland, Maine; and Provo, Utah.
Where to Retire magazine was launched in 1992 with the goal of helping readers find the ideal place to retire. The feature states that “a more active generation who wants to stay involved is reworking retirement today. Each year, 700,000 Americans move to new towns to retire.”
The magazine has a national average circulation of 220,000 and an average readership of 500,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month