Magazine Touts Pascagoula
PASCAGOULA — The City of Pascagoula is featured in Where to Retire magazine. The Nov./Dec. 2009 issue profiles eight cities and towns with moderating economies or lower-than-average unemployment rates that it deems worthy of this honor.
Along with Pascagoula, the list features: Rapid City, S.D.; Billings, Mt.; Baton Rouge, La.; Bradenton, Fla.; Boulder, Col.; Portland, Maine; and Provo, Utah.
Where to Retire magazine was launched in 1992 with the goal of helping readers find the ideal place to retire. The feature states that “a more active generation who wants to stay involved is reworking retirement today. Each year, 700,000 Americans move to new towns to retire.”
The magazine has a national average circulation of 220,000 and an average readership of 500,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force