Magazine Touts Pascagoula
PASCAGOULA — The City of Pascagoula is featured in Where to Retire magazine. The Nov./Dec. 2009 issue profiles eight cities and towns with moderating economies or lower-than-average unemployment rates that it deems worthy of this honor.
Along with Pascagoula, the list features: Rapid City, S.D.; Billings, Mt.; Baton Rouge, La.; Bradenton, Fla.; Boulder, Col.; Portland, Maine; and Provo, Utah.
Where to Retire magazine was launched in 1992 with the goal of helping readers find the ideal place to retire. The feature states that “a more active generation who wants to stay involved is reworking retirement today. Each year, 700,000 Americans move to new towns to retire.”
The magazine has a national average circulation of 220,000 and an average readership of 500,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma