McDaniel now practicing at St. Dominic’s
Huey B. McDaniel, M.D., has joined the medical practice of St. Dominic’s Cardiovascular Surgery Associates as a vascular surgeon. He is joining the medical staff of St. Dominic Hospital after serving as an assistant professor of surgery at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. McDaniel’s previous experience includes serving as a clinical instructor at the University of California at San Francisco in the general surgery residency program and as the medical director of the Hinds County Sheriff’s Office’s Tactical Emergency Medical Services. McDaniel is board certified in both general and vascular surgery.
McDaniel, who obtained his undergraduate degree in biochemistry from Tulane University in New Orleans, received his medical degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in 1993. He completed his fellowship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2002. McDaniel is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the Southern Association of Vascular Surgery, Society of Vascular Surgery, American Medical Association, American College of Surgeons and the Aerospace Medical Association.
Additionally, McDaniel has served in the United States Air Force Reserves as a critical care air transport team member and as a flight surgeon and field combat surgeon and served in Iraq from Jan.-March 2006.
McDaniel is married to Helen Naman McDaniel, and the couple has one son, Cameron.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil