New-look hotel opens in Flowood
FLOWOOD — The 113-room Candlewood Suites Flowood is now open, featuring a new prototype design,
The Candlewood Suites Flowood incorporates the new exterior design with a straight, forward-facing rectangular building including a new entry way and roofline for curb appeal. In addition to the new building shape, the exterior color scheme features light khaki, olive green, tan and dark blue. The new hotel has an increased outdoor residential feel with a centrally located Gazebo Grill and additional landscaping.
The interior of the Candlewood Suites Flowood features an expanded lobby area accommodating multiple sitting areas with furniture and a 42-inch flat screen television that creates a living room-type gathering place for guests. The new lobby was designed to encourage more interaction among guests and between guests and hotel team members.
The Candlewood Suites Flowood is also decreasing water and energy consumption through the use of environmentally-friendly amenities, including low-flow shower heads and toilets, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), increased natural light and sodium vapor fixtures.
The new property is located at 3810 Flowood Drive, and is owned by Stone Creek Lodging and managed by MMI Hotel Group, under a license agreement with a company in the InterContinental Hotels Group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium