New-look hotel opens in Flowood
FLOWOOD — The 113-room Candlewood Suites Flowood is now open, featuring a new prototype design,
The Candlewood Suites Flowood incorporates the new exterior design with a straight, forward-facing rectangular building including a new entry way and roofline for curb appeal. In addition to the new building shape, the exterior color scheme features light khaki, olive green, tan and dark blue. The new hotel has an increased outdoor residential feel with a centrally located Gazebo Grill and additional landscaping.
The interior of the Candlewood Suites Flowood features an expanded lobby area accommodating multiple sitting areas with furniture and a 42-inch flat screen television that creates a living room-type gathering place for guests. The new lobby was designed to encourage more interaction among guests and between guests and hotel team members.
The Candlewood Suites Flowood is also decreasing water and energy consumption through the use of environmentally-friendly amenities, including low-flow shower heads and toilets, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), increased natural light and sodium vapor fixtures.
The new property is located at 3810 Flowood Drive, and is owned by Stone Creek Lodging and managed by MMI Hotel Group, under a license agreement with a company in the InterContinental Hotels Group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings