New-look hotel opens in Flowood
FLOWOOD — The 113-room Candlewood Suites Flowood is now open, featuring a new prototype design,
The Candlewood Suites Flowood incorporates the new exterior design with a straight, forward-facing rectangular building including a new entry way and roofline for curb appeal. In addition to the new building shape, the exterior color scheme features light khaki, olive green, tan and dark blue. The new hotel has an increased outdoor residential feel with a centrally located Gazebo Grill and additional landscaping.
The interior of the Candlewood Suites Flowood features an expanded lobby area accommodating multiple sitting areas with furniture and a 42-inch flat screen television that creates a living room-type gathering place for guests. The new lobby was designed to encourage more interaction among guests and between guests and hotel team members.
The Candlewood Suites Flowood is also decreasing water and energy consumption through the use of environmentally-friendly amenities, including low-flow shower heads and toilets, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), increased natural light and sodium vapor fixtures.
The new property is located at 3810 Flowood Drive, and is owned by Stone Creek Lodging and managed by MMI Hotel Group, under a license agreement with a company in the InterContinental Hotels Group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal