Stonnington earns re-certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
Dr. Michael Stonnington of Southern Bone and Joint Specialists, P.A., was recently recertified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Stonnington, an orthopaedic surgeon with special interests in traumatology, total joint replacement and sports medicine, focuses on the treatment of acute fractures, post-traumatic deformities and non-unions including injuries to the pelvis and acetabulum at the Orthopaedic Trauma Services at Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg. He is co-chairman of FGH department of surgery.
Stonnington received his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Virginia. He then received his medical degree from Duke University and his orthopaedic surgery training at the University of Florida. He is the founding co-director of Orthopaedic Trauma Services at FGH. Stonnington recently authored two chapters in a major musculoskeletal textbook. He is the U.S. Orthopaedic Consultant for Futuro Braces, a leading national and international soft goods and brace company.
Stonnington received his Air Force Reserve Commission in 1988 and was active duty at Keesler Air Force Base for three years as a staff orthopaedic surgeon. Stonnington is a lieutenant colonel, and during his Air Force career served on a forward surgical team. One of his last responsibilities in the military involved teaching battlefield surgery. Such endeavors included travel to war-torn Nepal where he taught battlefield surgery to the Royal Nepalese Army.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation