Stonnington earns re-certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 19,2009
Dr. Michael Stonnington of Southern Bone and Joint Specialists, P.A., was recently recertified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Stonnington, an orthopaedic surgeon with special interests in traumatology, total joint replacement and sports medicine, focuses on the treatment of acute fractures, post-traumatic deformities and non-unions including injuries to the pelvis and acetabulum at the Orthopaedic Trauma Services at Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg. He is co-chairman of FGH department of surgery.
Stonnington received his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Virginia. He then received his medical degree from Duke University and his orthopaedic surgery training at the University of Florida. He is the founding co-director of Orthopaedic Trauma Services at FGH. Stonnington recently authored two chapters in a major musculoskeletal textbook. He is the U.S. Orthopaedic Consultant for Futuro Braces, a leading national and international soft goods and brace company.
Stonnington received his Air Force Reserve Commission in 1988 and was active duty at Keesler Air Force Base for three years as a staff orthopaedic surgeon. Stonnington is a lieutenant colonel, and during his Air Force career served on a forward surgical team. One of his last responsibilities in the military involved teaching battlefield surgery. Such endeavors included travel to war-torn Nepal where he taught battlefield surgery to the Royal Nepalese Army.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy