The First’s earnings rise
Published: October 21,2009
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, reports net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended Sept. 30, 2009 amounted to $693,000 or $0.23 per diluted share, compared to $335,000 or $0.11 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2008.
Hoppy Cole, CEO of The First, said, “We are pleased to report an improvement in our third quarter earnings. Positive loan growth, improvement in our net interest margin, and a reduction in our operating expenses are the result of focused efforts by our employees to improve the bank’s performance in a challenging economic environment.”
Other quarterly highlights include:
• total assets increased to $485.889 million
• total loans increased to $321.402 million
• net interest margin increased to 3.59 percent from 3.54 percent at June 30, 2009
• total borrowed funds decreased 9.6% to $32.063 million
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran