Product pulled from Kroger’s shelves
Published: October 22,2009
International Bazaar Inc. a Dayton, Ohio, firm, is voluntarily recalling a single lot of “Kroger Hazelnut Spread.”
The product has a March 2011 sell by date, is packaged in a plastic jar, contains 13 ounces of product and has a the UPC code 11110-87825. Consumers who have an allergy to peanuts may run the risk of a serious allergic reaction if they consume product containing such ingredients.
The recall applies only to the Kroger Hazelnut Spread with a “Sell By March 2011″ date code. Approximately 65 cases were distributed to Kroger stores in as many as 16 states (Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia).
The Italian company that packed the product, Nutkao, received a complaint from two consumers in France that had an allergic reaction after consuming product from the same batch that was distributed under a different label. Testing revealed the product was found to contain trace amounts of peanuts. The company has not received any reports of illness or allergic reactions caused by consuming Kroger Hazelnut Spread and has issued this recall as a precautionary measure. Consumers who are not allergic to peanuts face no safety risk.
Consumers who have purchased the affected product may return it to any Kroger store for a refund.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete