Product pulled from Kroger’s shelves
Published: October 22,2009
International Bazaar Inc. a Dayton, Ohio, firm, is voluntarily recalling a single lot of “Kroger Hazelnut Spread.”
The product has a March 2011 sell by date, is packaged in a plastic jar, contains 13 ounces of product and has a the UPC code 11110-87825. Consumers who have an allergy to peanuts may run the risk of a serious allergic reaction if they consume product containing such ingredients.
The recall applies only to the Kroger Hazelnut Spread with a “Sell By March 2011″ date code. Approximately 65 cases were distributed to Kroger stores in as many as 16 states (Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia).
The Italian company that packed the product, Nutkao, received a complaint from two consumers in France that had an allergic reaction after consuming product from the same batch that was distributed under a different label. Testing revealed the product was found to contain trace amounts of peanuts. The company has not received any reports of illness or allergic reactions caused by consuming Kroger Hazelnut Spread and has issued this recall as a precautionary measure. Consumers who are not allergic to peanuts face no safety risk.
Consumers who have purchased the affected product may return it to any Kroger store for a refund.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis