BancorpSouth’s income declines
by Wally Northway
Published: October 23,2009
Annualized net charge-offs of 0.68 percent of average loans and leases and non-performing loans and leases of 1.14 percent of total loans and leases.
Aubrey Patterson, chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth, said, “BancorpSouth’s third quarter results reflect a strong and stable net interest margin, well controlled expenses and solid operating performance in an otherwise difficult operating environment. The sustained profitable performance of our company throughout this recent economic downturn continues to validate our deliberate and conservative long-term approach in managing through this business cycle. With a strong capital base, high-quality assets and solid banking franchise, we remain confident that we are well positioned to manage through this period and continue operating a business plan that will result in achieving our long-term objectives.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data