BancorpSouth’s income declines
by Wally Northway
Published: October 23,2009
Annualized net charge-offs of 0.68 percent of average loans and leases and non-performing loans and leases of 1.14 percent of total loans and leases.
Aubrey Patterson, chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth, said, “BancorpSouth’s third quarter results reflect a strong and stable net interest margin, well controlled expenses and solid operating performance in an otherwise difficult operating environment. The sustained profitable performance of our company throughout this recent economic downturn continues to validate our deliberate and conservative long-term approach in managing through this business cycle. With a strong capital base, high-quality assets and solid banking franchise, we remain confident that we are well positioned to manage through this period and continue operating a business plan that will result in achieving our long-term objectives.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Flowood Belk getting $9 million facelift
- Former students file lawsuit against Virginia College
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Gulf Coast group honors state’s surviving World War II veterans