Sanderson ups stock buy-back
Published: October 23,2009
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc.’s board of directors has expanded the poultry company’s stock repurchase program to one million shares. The board previously authorized the repurchase of up to 225,000 shares in April 2008.
Under the stock repurchase program, shares may be purchased from time to time at prevailing prices in open market transactions or in negotiated purchases, subject to market conditions, share price and other considerations. Sanderson Farms currently has approximately 20.3 million shares of common stock outstanding.
“The expansion of our stock repurchase program highlights the board’s confidence in the future of Sanderson Farms,”d Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms. “We plan to use our expanded stock repurchase program to offset shares issued through our equity compensation programs. We believe this program represents a good use of corporate funds while minimizing potential dilution related to our equity compensation programs.”
The company has repurchased approximately 13,000 shares under the previously authorized stock repurchase program. The newly authorized program will provide Sanderson Farms with the capacity to purchase approximately 987,000 shares. The stock repurchase program is authorized until April 24, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release