Sanderson ups stock buy-back
Published: October 23,2009
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc.’s board of directors has expanded the poultry company’s stock repurchase program to one million shares. The board previously authorized the repurchase of up to 225,000 shares in April 2008.
Under the stock repurchase program, shares may be purchased from time to time at prevailing prices in open market transactions or in negotiated purchases, subject to market conditions, share price and other considerations. Sanderson Farms currently has approximately 20.3 million shares of common stock outstanding.
“The expansion of our stock repurchase program highlights the board’s confidence in the future of Sanderson Farms,”d Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms. “We plan to use our expanded stock repurchase program to offset shares issued through our equity compensation programs. We believe this program represents a good use of corporate funds while minimizing potential dilution related to our equity compensation programs.”
The company has repurchased approximately 13,000 shares under the previously authorized stock repurchase program. The newly authorized program will provide Sanderson Farms with the capacity to purchase approximately 987,000 shares. The stock repurchase program is authorized until April 24, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet