SoS, Fannie Mae reach agreement
Published: October 23,2009
MADISON COUNTY — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann and Fannie Mae have reached a new agreement regarding Madison County 16th Section residential leases.
“In discussions with Madison County 16th Section residents, our office was made aware of a problem of Fannie Mae requiring leaseholders to obtain a new lease when they wished to refinance their home loan,” said Hosemann. “This has caused Madison County residential leaseholders to go through the process of obtaining new leases. The agreement we have reached with Fannie Mae allows current leaseholders to refinance with Fannie Mae without obtaining a new lease.”
Fannie Mae has agreed to allow 16th Section leaseholders to fill out a Notice to Renew form, allowing those residents to refinance their homes without having to renegotiate their lease with Fannie Mae until the expiration of the primary term.
Fannie Mae has worked with the Secretary of State’s Office to allow refinancing for certain 16th Section landowners in Madison County. This provision is not available to any other county or State.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November