SoS, Fannie Mae reach agreement
Published: October 23,2009
MADISON COUNTY — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann and Fannie Mae have reached a new agreement regarding Madison County 16th Section residential leases.
“In discussions with Madison County 16th Section residents, our office was made aware of a problem of Fannie Mae requiring leaseholders to obtain a new lease when they wished to refinance their home loan,” said Hosemann. “This has caused Madison County residential leaseholders to go through the process of obtaining new leases. The agreement we have reached with Fannie Mae allows current leaseholders to refinance with Fannie Mae without obtaining a new lease.”
Fannie Mae has agreed to allow 16th Section leaseholders to fill out a Notice to Renew form, allowing those residents to refinance their homes without having to renegotiate their lease with Fannie Mae until the expiration of the primary term.
Fannie Mae has worked with the Secretary of State’s Office to allow refinancing for certain 16th Section landowners in Madison County. This provision is not available to any other county or State.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters