Dallas tapped as executive director
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2009
The HealthCare Foundation of the Tri-State Delta is proud to announce David Dallas as executive director beginning Nov. 1. Dallas is joining the foundation after five years at Delta State University as executive director of the Bologna Performing Arts Center, where he was selected as “Delta Innovator” in 2008. He has 18 years of experience, which includes developing, monitoring and evaluating grant projects along with successful strategic leadership.
Dallas, a native of Cleveland, holds a master of public policy and administration from Mississippi State University. After graduating, he was selected by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management for a Presidential Management Fellowship and later received a Legislative Fellowship with the U.S. Senate through the Office of Mississippi Senator Trent Lott. He served six years with the United States Information Agency’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. He was selected by the Japanese Prime Minister’s office as the lead U.S. delegate on the Prime Minister’s Ship for World Youth in a three-month tour of the Pacific. He then served as the director of international programs at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pa.
Also an actor, Dallas has appeared in television specials, national commercials, and performed on stages from New York to Seattle. He was featured performer in two award-winning independent films. He is the author of several screenplays and two one-man shows including “A Gentleman from Mississippi,” which toured nationally.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities