Tiner earns Silver Em Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2009
Stan Tiner, executive editor and vice president of The Sun Herald in Biloxi, becomes the 51st recipient of The Samuel Talbert Silver Em Award Oct. 29.
The Silver Em is the University of Mississippi’s highest journalism award. Tiner is to receive the award at a 6 p.m. reception at the Overby Center for Southern Journalism and Politics. A dinner follows at 7 p.m. at the Inn at Ole Miss.
A Louisiana native, Tiner joined The Sun Herald as editor in May 2000. In 2006, the paper received the Pulitzer Prize Gold Medal given for public service. The award was given in recognition of The Sun Herald’s coverage of Hurricane Katrina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Running with the big dogs — Hollywood Feed taking small-store feel to national level