Tiner earns Silver Em Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2009
Stan Tiner, executive editor and vice president of The Sun Herald in Biloxi, becomes the 51st recipient of The Samuel Talbert Silver Em Award Oct. 29.
The Silver Em is the University of Mississippi’s highest journalism award. Tiner is to receive the award at a 6 p.m. reception at the Overby Center for Southern Journalism and Politics. A dinner follows at 7 p.m. at the Inn at Ole Miss.
A Louisiana native, Tiner joined The Sun Herald as editor in May 2000. In 2006, the paper received the Pulitzer Prize Gold Medal given for public service. The award was given in recognition of The Sun Herald’s coverage of Hurricane Katrina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities