Tiner earns Silver Em Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2009
Stan Tiner, executive editor and vice president of The Sun Herald in Biloxi, becomes the 51st recipient of The Samuel Talbert Silver Em Award Oct. 29.
The Silver Em is the University of Mississippi’s highest journalism award. Tiner is to receive the award at a 6 p.m. reception at the Overby Center for Southern Journalism and Politics. A dinner follows at 7 p.m. at the Inn at Ole Miss.
A Louisiana native, Tiner joined The Sun Herald as editor in May 2000. In 2006, the paper received the Pulitzer Prize Gold Medal given for public service. The award was given in recognition of The Sun Herald’s coverage of Hurricane Katrina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus