Tiner earns Silver Em Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2009
Stan Tiner, executive editor and vice president of The Sun Herald in Biloxi, becomes the 51st recipient of The Samuel Talbert Silver Em Award Oct. 29.
The Silver Em is the University of Mississippi’s highest journalism award. Tiner is to receive the award at a 6 p.m. reception at the Overby Center for Southern Journalism and Politics. A dinner follows at 7 p.m. at the Inn at Ole Miss.
A Louisiana native, Tiner joined The Sun Herald as editor in May 2000. In 2006, the paper received the Pulitzer Prize Gold Medal given for public service. The award was given in recognition of The Sun Herald’s coverage of Hurricane Katrina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring