Tiner earns Silver Em Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2009
Stan Tiner, executive editor and vice president of The Sun Herald in Biloxi, becomes the 51st recipient of The Samuel Talbert Silver Em Award Oct. 29.
The Silver Em is the University of Mississippi’s highest journalism award. Tiner is to receive the award at a 6 p.m. reception at the Overby Center for Southern Journalism and Politics. A dinner follows at 7 p.m. at the Inn at Ole Miss.
A Louisiana native, Tiner joined The Sun Herald as editor in May 2000. In 2006, the paper received the Pulitzer Prize Gold Medal given for public service. The award was given in recognition of The Sun Herald’s coverage of Hurricane Katrina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery