Peoples Bank changing name
SENATOBIA — First Tennessee Bank, N.A., a subsidiary of First Horizon National Corp., announced that its Senatobia financial center, formerly Peoples Bank, will operate under the name of First Tennessee Bank effective Nov. 1.
“Our customers recognize that the First Tennessee name means great things in banking, so we’re going to begin using that strong name to serve customers in Tate and surrounding counties,” said Greg Gough, First Tennessee’s Senatobia regional president.
First Tennessee has eight locations in Mississippi, including Southaven, Hernando, Olive Branch and Horn Lake.
Gough said the change is cost-effective and identifies the bank with First Tennessee’s well-recognized brand. First Tennessee has owned Peoples Bank since 1995.
“North Mississippi is an important market for us, and many people who live here are familiar with First Tennessee,” said Mackey Moore, North Mississippi region president for First Tennessee. “We want to make their banking choice simpler by making it clear that what was called Peoples Bank is a First Tennessee Bank, with all the good things that implies.”
In recognition of the name change, a community appreciation event will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 7 at the First Tennessee Senatobia Financial Center located at 207 East Main Street. Refreshments will be served and a variety of activities are planned. The public is invited.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker