Peoples Bank changing name
SENATOBIA — First Tennessee Bank, N.A., a subsidiary of First Horizon National Corp., announced that its Senatobia financial center, formerly Peoples Bank, will operate under the name of First Tennessee Bank effective Nov. 1.
“Our customers recognize that the First Tennessee name means great things in banking, so we’re going to begin using that strong name to serve customers in Tate and surrounding counties,” said Greg Gough, First Tennessee’s Senatobia regional president.
First Tennessee has eight locations in Mississippi, including Southaven, Hernando, Olive Branch and Horn Lake.
Gough said the change is cost-effective and identifies the bank with First Tennessee’s well-recognized brand. First Tennessee has owned Peoples Bank since 1995.
“North Mississippi is an important market for us, and many people who live here are familiar with First Tennessee,” said Mackey Moore, North Mississippi region president for First Tennessee. “We want to make their banking choice simpler by making it clear that what was called Peoples Bank is a First Tennessee Bank, with all the good things that implies.”
In recognition of the name change, a community appreciation event will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 7 at the First Tennessee Senatobia Financial Center located at 207 East Main Street. Refreshments will be served and a variety of activities are planned. The public is invited.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey