Health Department awards CONs
MERIDIAN and JACKSON — The Mississippi State Department of Health has awarded certificates of need (CONs) to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson and Jeff Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian.
University of Mississippi Medical Center has received CON authority for the renovation of the surgical short stay unit on the campus of the existing hospital in Jackson. The proposed project involves the renovation of a total of 17,675 square feet, including 30 up-to-23-hour recovery spaces for the surgical unit. The project’s total expenditure is approximately $5.348 million.
Jeff Anderson Regional Medical Center has received CON authority for the acquisition of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment and the establishment of MRI services.
The total expenditure on the project is approximately $3.685 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Health Department awards CONs”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement