Health Department awards CONs
MERIDIAN and JACKSON — The Mississippi State Department of Health has awarded certificates of need (CONs) to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson and Jeff Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian.
University of Mississippi Medical Center has received CON authority for the renovation of the surgical short stay unit on the campus of the existing hospital in Jackson. The proposed project involves the renovation of a total of 17,675 square feet, including 30 up-to-23-hour recovery spaces for the surgical unit. The project’s total expenditure is approximately $5.348 million.
Jeff Anderson Regional Medical Center has received CON authority for the acquisition of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment and the establishment of MRI services.
The total expenditure on the project is approximately $3.685 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Health Department awards CONs”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015