Hospital announces promotions, addition
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2009
J. Allen Tyra, CEO of Crossgates River Oaks Hospital recently announced the promotions of Reed Hammond to associate administrator, Carrie Mitchell to director of resource management and Missy Odom to director of marketing.
Hammond will be responsible for the management of daily operations, leading the hospitals efforts in promoting business growth and development, recruiting new physicians as well as establishing outreach clinics in the market. Hammond joined Crossgates as the assistant administrator in Oct. 2008. He received his Master of Business Administration degree and Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, both from the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida.
Mitchell, RN, received her associate’s degree in nursing from Troy University. She has been employed by Crossgates River Oaks Hospital for over six years working as a staff and charge nurse and most recently as a case manager. As director of resource management, she will oversee the case managers and social workers to ensure coordination of patient care.
Odom has been affiliated with the hospital for two years and previously was the assistant director of marketing. Odom plans, directs and implements all advertising, events, programs, tours and charitable contributions to enhance community relations. She also oversees and directs the volunteer services program. She received her B.S. degree from Mississippi College and is involved in various community activities including Rankin County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Rankin, American Cancer Society and the American Heart Association.
Tyra also welcomed Darlene Smith as manger of physician practices. Smith has over 25 years of experience in healthcare, with 15 years of experience as a physician practice manager. Most recently she worked as an accountant representative for a medical billing service in Flowood. She will be responsible for the daily management of 6 physician clinics and over 30 employees of Crossgates River Oaks Hospital. A native of Louisiana, she received her B.S. degree from Louisiana State University at Monroe. Smith and her husband, James, reside in Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data