Keeping Our Eye On: Jack Kimble
Education: Pelahatchie High School
Current Position: Internet Specialist, WLBT TV-3
James Allen Kimble, known to his friends and family as Jack, is internet specialist for WLBT TV-3 and works in the station’s sales and marketing departments.
He started working at WLBT in high school, everywhere from the front desk to the control room.
Kimble admits he is a “Webby.” “Creating web ads and maintaining local station promotions for WLBT’s website WLBT.com takes up the better part of the workday,” he says. “Maintaining client accounts and assisting account executives and management fills the rest.” Kimble also serves as back-up traffic coordinator.
Over the past 13 years, working for WLBT has given Kimble many opportunities to meet a multitude of local Mississippians, including celebrities like Morgan Freeman, Sela Ward and Lance Bass. “I’m not star struck,” he says. “They are just regular people like me that are on the big screen.”
When not in the office, Jack loves social gatherings, local events, cooking and watching old movies. Kimble says he also has a passion for travel and, with the exception of Hawaii and Alaska, he has been to every state in the country.
International adventure is another fast developing hobby of Kimble’s. He has gone swimming with stingrays in the Cayman Islands, parasailed in Cozumel and will soon visit Belize in March with his two travel buddies, Louise and Krista.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: The people, food and our hospitality all rolled into one!
Must-have Mississippi food: Momma and Grandma’s homemade cooking. Fresh purple hull peas, cornbread and a casserole.
Favorite hangout: If not at home, the parks at the Reservoir.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “Keeping Our Eye On: Jack Kimble”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain