Lee, Spera join WellnessPlus
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2009
BankPlus announced that Bill Lee has been hired as CEO of the bank’s subsidiary company, WellnessPlus. Lee attended Northeast Louisiana University where he received a bachelor of business administration, and later attended the University of Mississippi where he received a master of accountancy. A CPA, Lee has a career that includes over 28 years of experience in public practice as a CPA and in management and executive level positions. He was most recently the executive vice president of sales and marketing at Trilogy Communications Inc. and prior to that served as president, COO and board member at Natcom Inc. In the community, Lee has served on the boards of the Mississippi Literacy Foundation and The Ramey Agency. He is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, Friends of Children’s Hospital, Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership, Mississippi Society of CPAs, Mississippi Museum of Art, Northminster Baptist Church and Ole Miss Alumni Association.
In a separate item, BankPlus announced that Kevin Spera has been hired as director of client companies for WellnessPlus. Spera graduated with a bachelor of science in sports medicine and human performance from the University of Southern Mississippi. He later earned a master of science in clinical exercise physiology from Texas Tech University and a master of science in sports administration from the University of Southern Mississippi. Spera was most recently employed by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi as the community program manager for the “Let’s Go Walkin’ Mississippi” program. Spera has also worked in the strength and conditioning departments for the New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays. He holds certifications as a sports performance coach from USA Weightlifting and as a strength and conditioning specialist by the National Strength & Conditioning Association. Spera and his wife, Michelle, live in Madison County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015