McDonnell named top alumnus
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2009
Tom McDonnell III has been named the Boardman Distinguished Alumnus of the Year by the University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Business. McDonnell, a Hattiesburg native, was nominated by his peers on the university’s Business Advisory Council.
McDonnell, who makes his home in Madison, is currently a member of the Southern Miss Foundation and past chairman of the Business Advisory Council. A certified public accountant, McDonnell holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southern Miss. Among his business ventures, he is co-chairman and co-CEO and director of franchise services of North America Inc. (FSNA), a publicly traded holding company on the Canadian Stock Exchange. McDonnell is also president of the LeFleur Transportation family of companies that provide non-emergency medical transportation services to government and corporate clients throughout Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma and South Carolina. In addition, he is the owner of System7Franchising LLC, a company that assists entrepreneurs in the process of franchising their businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams