McDonnell named top alumnus
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2009
Tom McDonnell III has been named the Boardman Distinguished Alumnus of the Year by the University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Business. McDonnell, a Hattiesburg native, was nominated by his peers on the university’s Business Advisory Council.
McDonnell, who makes his home in Madison, is currently a member of the Southern Miss Foundation and past chairman of the Business Advisory Council. A certified public accountant, McDonnell holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southern Miss. Among his business ventures, he is co-chairman and co-CEO and director of franchise services of North America Inc. (FSNA), a publicly traded holding company on the Canadian Stock Exchange. McDonnell is also president of the LeFleur Transportation family of companies that provide non-emergency medical transportation services to government and corporate clients throughout Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma and South Carolina. In addition, he is the owner of System7Franchising LLC, a company that assists entrepreneurs in the process of franchising their businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability