Wicker named to subcommittee
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2009
U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) has been named the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee’s Seapower Subcommittee. Wicker said the leadership role would put him in a strong position to influence matters relating to the Navy and Marine Corps, including their shipbuilding needs and priorities.
Wicker noted that this is an especially important assignment considering the Navy’s increased responsibilities with regard to sea-based missile defense and the Marine Corps’ increased participation in the war in Afghanistan. These relatively new responsibilities are in addition to the Navy’s traditional mission of sea control and shipping-channel protection, which ensures the safety of the nation’s shipping industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so