Wicker named to subcommittee
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 2,2009
U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) has been named the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee’s Seapower Subcommittee. Wicker said the leadership role would put him in a strong position to influence matters relating to the Navy and Marine Corps, including their shipbuilding needs and priorities.
Wicker noted that this is an especially important assignment considering the Navy’s increased responsibilities with regard to sea-based missile defense and the Marine Corps’ increased participation in the war in Afghanistan. These relatively new responsibilities are in addition to the Navy’s traditional mission of sea control and shipping-channel protection, which ensures the safety of the nation’s shipping industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option