Millions in mortgage fraud alleged
Mississippi Valley Title alleges attorneys Charles and Chris Evans committed
mortgage fraud on banks and induced Mississippi Valley Title to issue
fraudulent title insurance policies. The claim was part of a motion filed in
Madison County Chancery Court in October asking for a preliminary
Charles Evans was an approved attorney for MVT, from whom the company
accepted title work. His brother, Chris Evans, is the owner of more than 20 limited liability companies in Mississippi . Together they financed commercial properties and issued titles in Madison and Desoto counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Millions in mortgage fraud alleged”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love