Millions in mortgage fraud alleged
Mississippi Valley Title alleges attorneys Charles and Chris Evans committed
mortgage fraud on banks and induced Mississippi Valley Title to issue
fraudulent title insurance policies. The claim was part of a motion filed in
Madison County Chancery Court in October asking for a preliminary
Charles Evans was an approved attorney for MVT, from whom the company
accepted title work. His brother, Chris Evans, is the owner of more than 20 limited liability companies in Mississippi . Together they financed commercial properties and issued titles in Madison and Desoto counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Millions in mortgage fraud alleged”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center