Millions in mortgage fraud alleged
Mississippi Valley Title alleges attorneys Charles and Chris Evans committed
mortgage fraud on banks and induced Mississippi Valley Title to issue
fraudulent title insurance policies. The claim was part of a motion filed in
Madison County Chancery Court in October asking for a preliminary
Charles Evans was an approved attorney for MVT, from whom the company
accepted title work. His brother, Chris Evans, is the owner of more than 20 limited liability companies in Mississippi . Together they financed commercial properties and issued titles in Madison and Desoto counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Millions in mortgage fraud alleged”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium