Champions Tour stopping on Coast
Published: November 5,2009
BILOXI — The PGA TOUR’s Champions Tour, in conjunction with the Gulf Coast Business Council, announced the addition of a new tournament to the Champions TOUR schedule for 2010 – the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic, to be held April 26-May 2.
The tournament will feature three days of competitive play, a Pro-Am as well as numerous special events including a Junior Pro-Am and Junior Clinic. Champions Tour favorites Hal Sutton, Loren Roberts, Fred Funk, Jay Haas, Bernard Langer, Tom Watson, Hale Irwin, Fuzzy Zoeller and more are expected to compete.
“The Gulf Coast Business Council has a vision of seeing the Mississippi Gulf Coast become a tier one tourism destination. Achievement of such an ambitious goal requires that we have nationally recognized events and attractions,” said Anthony Topazi, chairman of the Gulf Coast Business Council. “The PGA Champions Tour is a signature event for any region of this country and is a significant step in becoming a tier one destination. This tournament will showcase the Mississippi Gulf Coast’s premier golf, fishing, and resort amenities on a national and world-wide basis.”
The tournament will be played at Fallen Oak, a Tom Fazio design, and will be broadcast on Golf Channel.
The financial foundation of the tournament was established by a consortium of businesses including the
Gulf Coast Business Council, Beau Rivage, IP, Grand Biloxi, Island View, Hard Rock, Habitat for Humanity, Cellular South, the State of Mississippi, Roy Anderson Corp, Yates Construction, Hancock Bank and Southern Company as well as Harrison and Hancock counties’ tourism commissions.
The tournament’s foundation hired Bruno Event Team to manage the event, including the sponsorship sales, marketing, volunteers and operational set-up.
For more information on the tournament, available sponsorship packages, volunteer opportunities and tickets, visit www.mississippigulfresortclassic.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Champions Tour stopping on Coast”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist