Entergy, county form ‘Claiborne Works!’
by Wally Northway
Published: November 5,2009
CLAIBORNE COUNTY — Entergy and Claiborne County leaders have launched an economic development plan aimed at maximizing the county’s resources to create new revenue streams.
The plan establishes an economic development organization called Claiborne Works! to lure new businesses, expand existing businesses and boost tourism.
Led by Entergy in conjunction with TIP Strategies, an economic development consultant, the strategic plan was developed in partnership with community representatives. These included city and county officials, area businessmen, educators and other local leaders.
Haley Fisackerly, president and CEO of Entergy Mississippi Inc. “We support education, social services, the arts and more through a variety of initiatives throughout our 45-county service area. Here, we recognize that Claiborne County’s natural resources, existing industry and place in history perfectly position the area for potential growth. By helping boost the local economy, we can help Claiborne County flourish. This is very important to Entergy because a robust county helps us attract and maintain a quality workforce at our Grand Gulf Nuclear Station.”
Grand Gulf, which produces more than 20 percent of Mississippi’s electricity, is located in Claiborne County.
“We want to help show other corporations that Claiborne County can provide the necessary support to success,” said Mike Kansler, president and CEO of Jackson-based Entergy Nuclear.
Through Claiborne Works! city, county and state agencies are partnering with local businesses, schools and organizations to identify assets and prioritize needs. The groups will work together to create an attractive business environment and implement an effective promotional plan to increase tourism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Entergy, county form ‘Claiborne Works!’”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip