Entergy, county form ‘Claiborne Works!’
Published: November 5,2009
CLAIBORNE COUNTY — Entergy and Claiborne County leaders have launched an economic development plan aimed at maximizing the county’s resources to create new revenue streams.
The plan establishes an economic development organization called Claiborne Works! to lure new businesses, expand existing businesses and boost tourism.
Led by Entergy in conjunction with TIP Strategies, an economic development consultant, the strategic plan was developed in partnership with community representatives. These included city and county officials, area businessmen, educators and other local leaders.
Haley Fisackerly, president and CEO of Entergy Mississippi Inc. “We support education, social services, the arts and more through a variety of initiatives throughout our 45-county service area. Here, we recognize that Claiborne County’s natural resources, existing industry and place in history perfectly position the area for potential growth. By helping boost the local economy, we can help Claiborne County flourish. This is very important to Entergy because a robust county helps us attract and maintain a quality workforce at our Grand Gulf Nuclear Station.”
Grand Gulf, which produces more than 20 percent of Mississippi’s electricity, is located in Claiborne County.
“We want to help show other corporations that Claiborne County can provide the necessary support to success,” said Mike Kansler, president and CEO of Jackson-based Entergy Nuclear.
Through Claiborne Works! city, county and state agencies are partnering with local businesses, schools and organizations to identify assets and prioritize needs. The groups will work together to create an attractive business environment and implement an effective promotional plan to increase tourism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Entergy, county form ‘Claiborne Works!’”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits