USDA adds BioPreferred products
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has added nine BioPreferred product categories that will now be eligible for federal procurement preference. This action increases the number of bio-based products by 20 percent.
The USDA’s BioPreferred program’s round five finalization adds more than 1,000 bio-based products for preferred purchasing consideration by all federal government agencies, contractors and the military. There are now approximately 5,600 bio-based products available across 42 BioPreferred-designated Items.
The final rule is part of a series of rules to increase the awareness and sales of biobased products to the federal government. Round five items include: chain and cable lubricants, corrosion preventatives, food cleaners, forming lubricants, gear lubricants, general purpose household cleaners, industrial cleaners, multipurpose cleaners and parts wash solutions.
In addition to passing regulations to increase the number and diversity of BioPreferred designated items for federal procurement preference, USDA is developing a product label that would appear on qualifying BioPreferred bio-based products. When final, this regulation will allow bio-based product manufacturers to participate in a voluntary labeling program to identify bio-based products for the federal, commercial and
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions