USDA adds BioPreferred products
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has added nine BioPreferred product categories that will now be eligible for federal procurement preference. This action increases the number of bio-based products by 20 percent.
The USDA’s BioPreferred program’s round five finalization adds more than 1,000 bio-based products for preferred purchasing consideration by all federal government agencies, contractors and the military. There are now approximately 5,600 bio-based products available across 42 BioPreferred-designated Items.
The final rule is part of a series of rules to increase the awareness and sales of biobased products to the federal government. Round five items include: chain and cable lubricants, corrosion preventatives, food cleaners, forming lubricants, gear lubricants, general purpose household cleaners, industrial cleaners, multipurpose cleaners and parts wash solutions.
In addition to passing regulations to increase the number and diversity of BioPreferred designated items for federal procurement preference, USDA is developing a product label that would appear on qualifying BioPreferred bio-based products. When final, this regulation will allow bio-based product manufacturers to participate in a voluntary labeling program to identify bio-based products for the federal, commercial and
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project