Callon Petroleum posts loss
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company, for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2009, reported a net loss of $1 million, or $0.04 per share. Net income for the comparable period of 2008 was $5.9 million, or $0.27 per share.
For the nine months ended Sept. 30, 2009, Callon reported net income of $500,000, or $0.02 per share. This compares with net income of $18.6 million, or $0.85 per share during the same period of 2008. All per share amounts are on a diluted basis.
Operating results for the three months include oil and gas sales of $21.3 million from average production of 27.4 million cubic feet of natural gas equivalent per day (MMcfe/d), which was within the company’s published guidance range of 25 MMcfe/d to 28 MMcfe/d. This corresponds to sales of $32.8 million from average production of 25.9 MMcfe/d during the comparable 2008 period.
Oil and gas sales for the first nine months of 2009 totaled $71.2 million from average production of 31.3 MMcfe/d. This corresponds to sales of $125.8 million from average production of 35.0 MMcfe/d during the same period in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015