MGM MIRAGE’s Mississippi operations slumping
Published: November 6,2009
The current year results were impacted by non-cash impairment charges totaling $1.17 billion, or $1.72 loss per diluted share net of tax, including a pre-tax non-cash impairment charge of $956 million related to the company’s investment in CityCenter and a pre-tax non-cash charge of $203 million related to impairment of CityCenter’s residential real estate under development.
MGM MIRAGE reported EBITDA of its Mississippi operations during the quarter was approximately $13.593 million, compared to $15.987 million during the same period last year. For the nine-month period, the company’s Mississippi operations saw operating income of $40.775 million, compared to $48.938 million during the comparable period the prior year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location