MGM MIRAGE’s Mississippi operations slumping
by Wally Northway
Published: November 6,2009
The current year results were impacted by non-cash impairment charges totaling $1.17 billion, or $1.72 loss per diluted share net of tax, including a pre-tax non-cash impairment charge of $956 million related to the company’s investment in CityCenter and a pre-tax non-cash charge of $203 million related to impairment of CityCenter’s residential real estate under development.
MGM MIRAGE reported EBITDA of its Mississippi operations during the quarter was approximately $13.593 million, compared to $15.987 million during the same period last year. For the nine-month period, the company’s Mississippi operations saw operating income of $40.775 million, compared to $48.938 million during the comparable period the prior year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more