MGM MIRAGE’s Mississippi operations slumping
Published: November 6,2009
The current year results were impacted by non-cash impairment charges totaling $1.17 billion, or $1.72 loss per diluted share net of tax, including a pre-tax non-cash impairment charge of $956 million related to the company’s investment in CityCenter and a pre-tax non-cash charge of $203 million related to impairment of CityCenter’s residential real estate under development.
MGM MIRAGE reported EBITDA of its Mississippi operations during the quarter was approximately $13.593 million, compared to $15.987 million during the same period last year. For the nine-month period, the company’s Mississippi operations saw operating income of $40.775 million, compared to $48.938 million during the comparable period the prior year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer