MGM MIRAGE’s Mississippi operations slumping
Published: November 6,2009
The current year results were impacted by non-cash impairment charges totaling $1.17 billion, or $1.72 loss per diluted share net of tax, including a pre-tax non-cash impairment charge of $956 million related to the company’s investment in CityCenter and a pre-tax non-cash charge of $203 million related to impairment of CityCenter’s residential real estate under development.
MGM MIRAGE reported EBITDA of its Mississippi operations during the quarter was approximately $13.593 million, compared to $15.987 million during the same period last year. For the nine-month period, the company’s Mississippi operations saw operating income of $40.775 million, compared to $48.938 million during the comparable period the prior year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing