Ray stepping down at MDA
JACKSON — Craig Ray, director of the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Tourism Division, announced his resignation to take place at year end and his plans to pursue new opportunities in the industry.
“We appreciate Craig’s leadership,” said Gray Swoope, executive director of MDA. “Under his direction, Mississippi’s tourism programs have become a significant part of the state’s economic development strategy.”
Ray will be succeeded by Mary Beth Wilkerson, who has served as MDA’s deputy director of tourism since 2002. Wilkerson joined the agency in 1991. She directly coordinated Mississippi’s domestic and international travel trade tourism efforts for over nine years prior to becoming the division’s Sales and Marketing Bureau manager in 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing