Ray stepping down at MDA
JACKSON — Craig Ray, director of the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Tourism Division, announced his resignation to take place at year end and his plans to pursue new opportunities in the industry.
“We appreciate Craig’s leadership,” said Gray Swoope, executive director of MDA. “Under his direction, Mississippi’s tourism programs have become a significant part of the state’s economic development strategy.”
Ray will be succeeded by Mary Beth Wilkerson, who has served as MDA’s deputy director of tourism since 2002. Wilkerson joined the agency in 1991. She directly coordinated Mississippi’s domestic and international travel trade tourism efforts for over nine years prior to becoming the division’s Sales and Marketing Bureau manager in 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term