Ray stepping down at MDA
JACKSON — Craig Ray, director of the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Tourism Division, announced his resignation to take place at year end and his plans to pursue new opportunities in the industry.
“We appreciate Craig’s leadership,” said Gray Swoope, executive director of MDA. “Under his direction, Mississippi’s tourism programs have become a significant part of the state’s economic development strategy.”
Ray will be succeeded by Mary Beth Wilkerson, who has served as MDA’s deputy director of tourism since 2002. Wilkerson joined the agency in 1991. She directly coordinated Mississippi’s domestic and international travel trade tourism efforts for over nine years prior to becoming the division’s Sales and Marketing Bureau manager in 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option