Brown leading AASHTO
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Executive director of the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) Larry L. “Butch” Brown has been chosen to lead the nation’s largest association of highway transportation officials. Brown was elected to serve as the 2010 president of AASHTO-the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. He had served as vice president of AASHTO during the previous year.
Brown was appointed executive director of MDOT in 2001. A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Brown achieved private-sector success in the transportation, warehousing, real estate and hotel industries. He also served as the mayor of Natchez from 1992 until 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K