Brown leading AASHTO
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Executive director of the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) Larry L. “Butch” Brown has been chosen to lead the nation’s largest association of highway transportation officials. Brown was elected to serve as the 2010 president of AASHTO-the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. He had served as vice president of AASHTO during the previous year.
Brown was appointed executive director of MDOT in 2001. A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Brown achieved private-sector success in the transportation, warehousing, real estate and hotel industries. He also served as the mayor of Natchez from 1992 until 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development