Brown leading AASHTO
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Executive director of the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) Larry L. “Butch” Brown has been chosen to lead the nation’s largest association of highway transportation officials. Brown was elected to serve as the 2010 president of AASHTO-the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. He had served as vice president of AASHTO during the previous year.
Brown was appointed executive director of MDOT in 2001. A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Brown achieved private-sector success in the transportation, warehousing, real estate and hotel industries. He also served as the mayor of Natchez from 1992 until 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications