Brown leading AASHTO
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Executive director of the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) Larry L. “Butch” Brown has been chosen to lead the nation’s largest association of highway transportation officials. Brown was elected to serve as the 2010 president of AASHTO-the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. He had served as vice president of AASHTO during the previous year.
Brown was appointed executive director of MDOT in 2001. A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Brown achieved private-sector success in the transportation, warehousing, real estate and hotel industries. He also served as the mayor of Natchez from 1992 until 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody