Brown leading AASHTO
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Executive director of the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) Larry L. “Butch” Brown has been chosen to lead the nation’s largest association of highway transportation officials. Brown was elected to serve as the 2010 president of AASHTO-the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. He had served as vice president of AASHTO during the previous year.
Brown was appointed executive director of MDOT in 2001. A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Brown achieved private-sector success in the transportation, warehousing, real estate and hotel industries. He also served as the mayor of Natchez from 1992 until 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program