Judges, lawyers honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Tags: Ben J. Piazza Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr., Daniel P. Jordan III, Denise Owens Pittman, Edwin Lloyd, Felicia Perkins, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Jess H. Dickinson, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Kyle B. Ainsworth, Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Maura D. McLaughlin, P. Ryan Beckett, Robert L. Houston
Mississippi Supreme Court Justice Jess H. Dickinson was among four judges and 10 lawyers honored recently during the National Pro Bono Celebration at the Mississippi Bar in Jackson. The Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project honored judges who have worked to increase pro bono service to poor people and lawyers who have provided free civil legal service.
Other judges honored included former Mississippi Supreme Court Chief Justice Edwin Lloyd Pittman, Hinds County Chancery Judge Denise Owens and U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan III of Jackson. Pro bono volunteers honored for their work included attorneys Kyle B. Ainsworth, P. Ryan Beckett, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Robert L. Houston, Felicia Perkins, Ben J. Piazza Jr., Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr. and Maura D. McLaughlin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino