Judges, lawyers honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Tags: Ben J. Piazza Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr., Daniel P. Jordan III, Denise Owens Pittman, Edwin Lloyd, Felicia Perkins, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Jess H. Dickinson, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Kyle B. Ainsworth, Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Maura D. McLaughlin, P. Ryan Beckett, Robert L. Houston
Mississippi Supreme Court Justice Jess H. Dickinson was among four judges and 10 lawyers honored recently during the National Pro Bono Celebration at the Mississippi Bar in Jackson. The Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project honored judges who have worked to increase pro bono service to poor people and lawyers who have provided free civil legal service.
Other judges honored included former Mississippi Supreme Court Chief Justice Edwin Lloyd Pittman, Hinds County Chancery Judge Denise Owens and U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan III of Jackson. Pro bono volunteers honored for their work included attorneys Kyle B. Ainsworth, P. Ryan Beckett, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Robert L. Houston, Felicia Perkins, Ben J. Piazza Jr., Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr. and Maura D. McLaughlin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office