Judges, lawyers honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Tags: Ben J. Piazza Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr., Daniel P. Jordan III, Denise Owens Pittman, Edwin Lloyd, Felicia Perkins, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Jess H. Dickinson, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Kyle B. Ainsworth, Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Maura D. McLaughlin, P. Ryan Beckett, Robert L. Houston
Mississippi Supreme Court Justice Jess H. Dickinson was among four judges and 10 lawyers honored recently during the National Pro Bono Celebration at the Mississippi Bar in Jackson. The Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project honored judges who have worked to increase pro bono service to poor people and lawyers who have provided free civil legal service.
Other judges honored included former Mississippi Supreme Court Chief Justice Edwin Lloyd Pittman, Hinds County Chancery Judge Denise Owens and U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan III of Jackson. Pro bono volunteers honored for their work included attorneys Kyle B. Ainsworth, P. Ryan Beckett, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Robert L. Houston, Felicia Perkins, Ben J. Piazza Jr., Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr. and Maura D. McLaughlin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015