Judges, lawyers honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Tags: Ben J. Piazza Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr., Daniel P. Jordan III, Denise Owens Pittman, Edwin Lloyd, Felicia Perkins, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Jess H. Dickinson, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Kyle B. Ainsworth, Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Maura D. McLaughlin, P. Ryan Beckett, Robert L. Houston
Mississippi Supreme Court Justice Jess H. Dickinson was among four judges and 10 lawyers honored recently during the National Pro Bono Celebration at the Mississippi Bar in Jackson. The Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project honored judges who have worked to increase pro bono service to poor people and lawyers who have provided free civil legal service.
Other judges honored included former Mississippi Supreme Court Chief Justice Edwin Lloyd Pittman, Hinds County Chancery Judge Denise Owens and U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan III of Jackson. Pro bono volunteers honored for their work included attorneys Kyle B. Ainsworth, P. Ryan Beckett, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Robert L. Houston, Felicia Perkins, Ben J. Piazza Jr., Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr. and Maura D. McLaughlin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program