Judges, lawyers honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Tags: Ben J. Piazza Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr., Daniel P. Jordan III, Denise Owens Pittman, Edwin Lloyd, Felicia Perkins, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Jess H. Dickinson, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Kyle B. Ainsworth, Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Maura D. McLaughlin, P. Ryan Beckett, Robert L. Houston
Mississippi Supreme Court Justice Jess H. Dickinson was among four judges and 10 lawyers honored recently during the National Pro Bono Celebration at the Mississippi Bar in Jackson. The Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project honored judges who have worked to increase pro bono service to poor people and lawyers who have provided free civil legal service.
Other judges honored included former Mississippi Supreme Court Chief Justice Edwin Lloyd Pittman, Hinds County Chancery Judge Denise Owens and U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan III of Jackson. Pro bono volunteers honored for their work included attorneys Kyle B. Ainsworth, P. Ryan Beckett, Franklin Harrison Coxwell III, Kenneth Dewayne Farmer, Robert L. Houston, Felicia Perkins, Ben J. Piazza Jr., Leonard D. Van Slyke Jr., Charles E. Lawrence Jr. and Maura D. McLaughlin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State