Richard elected to NASBE board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Rosetta Richard, a longtime member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been elected to the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) board of directors. Richard will begin her one-year term as a director from NASBE’s Southern region in Jan. 2010.
Richard, a resident of Biloxi, was first appointed to the state board of education in 1993 and reappointed in 2002. During her tenure, she has been active in NASBE serving as board delegate for several years. Her service to NASBE has included membership on the Public Policy Committee and the Governmental Affairs Committee. In 2005 she received the Distinguished Service Award. She is retired from Mississippi Power Company, where she served as an employee relations representative from 1990 until April 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal