Richard elected to NASBE board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Rosetta Richard, a longtime member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been elected to the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) board of directors. Richard will begin her one-year term as a director from NASBE’s Southern region in Jan. 2010.
Richard, a resident of Biloxi, was first appointed to the state board of education in 1993 and reappointed in 2002. During her tenure, she has been active in NASBE serving as board delegate for several years. Her service to NASBE has included membership on the Public Policy Committee and the Governmental Affairs Committee. In 2005 she received the Distinguished Service Award. She is retired from Mississippi Power Company, where she served as an employee relations representative from 1990 until April 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life