Richard elected to NASBE board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Rosetta Richard, a longtime member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been elected to the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) board of directors. Richard will begin her one-year term as a director from NASBE’s Southern region in Jan. 2010.
Richard, a resident of Biloxi, was first appointed to the state board of education in 1993 and reappointed in 2002. During her tenure, she has been active in NASBE serving as board delegate for several years. Her service to NASBE has included membership on the Public Policy Committee and the Governmental Affairs Committee. In 2005 she received the Distinguished Service Award. She is retired from Mississippi Power Company, where she served as an employee relations representative from 1990 until April 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county