Richard elected to NASBE board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 9,2009
Rosetta Richard, a longtime member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been elected to the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) board of directors. Richard will begin her one-year term as a director from NASBE’s Southern region in Jan. 2010.
Richard, a resident of Biloxi, was first appointed to the state board of education in 1993 and reappointed in 2002. During her tenure, she has been active in NASBE serving as board delegate for several years. Her service to NASBE has included membership on the Public Policy Committee and the Governmental Affairs Committee. In 2005 she received the Distinguished Service Award. She is retired from Mississippi Power Company, where she served as an employee relations representative from 1990 until April 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19