Stennis named ‘Project Ready’
HANCOCK COUNTY — Mississippi Power Co. director of economic development Arnie Williams recently presented NASA’s John C. Stennis Space Center deputy director Patrick Scheuermann with a commemorative plate designating the facility as a Project Ready technology park.
The designation certifies Stennis Space Center as a "project ready" site for high-tech businesses seeking a new location. Mississippi Power launched the Project Ready Certified Site Program as a means to identify locations that are ready to go and relatively risk-free for businesses, thus creating a competitive advantage for attracting new companies into the region.
Sites must meet high criteria in such areas as infrastructure, utilities, transportation and facilities.
Stennis is the first Mississippi site to gain the technology park certification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Judge: Caesars can demolish Harrah's casino in Mississippi