Stennis named ‘Project Ready’
HANCOCK COUNTY — Mississippi Power Co. director of economic development Arnie Williams recently presented NASA’s John C. Stennis Space Center deputy director Patrick Scheuermann with a commemorative plate designating the facility as a Project Ready technology park.
The designation certifies Stennis Space Center as a "project ready" site for high-tech businesses seeking a new location. Mississippi Power launched the Project Ready Certified Site Program as a means to identify locations that are ready to go and relatively risk-free for businesses, thus creating a competitive advantage for attracting new companies into the region.
Sites must meet high criteria in such areas as infrastructure, utilities, transportation and facilities.
Stennis is the first Mississippi site to gain the technology park certification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!