Stennis named ‘Project Ready’
HANCOCK COUNTY — Mississippi Power Co. director of economic development Arnie Williams recently presented NASA’s John C. Stennis Space Center deputy director Patrick Scheuermann with a commemorative plate designating the facility as a Project Ready technology park.
The designation certifies Stennis Space Center as a "project ready" site for high-tech businesses seeking a new location. Mississippi Power launched the Project Ready Certified Site Program as a means to identify locations that are ready to go and relatively risk-free for businesses, thus creating a competitive advantage for attracting new companies into the region.
Sites must meet high criteria in such areas as infrastructure, utilities, transportation and facilities.
Stennis is the first Mississippi site to gain the technology park certification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41