Stennis named ‘Project Ready’
HANCOCK COUNTY — Mississippi Power Co. director of economic development Arnie Williams recently presented NASA’s John C. Stennis Space Center deputy director Patrick Scheuermann with a commemorative plate designating the facility as a Project Ready technology park.
The designation certifies Stennis Space Center as a "project ready" site for high-tech businesses seeking a new location. Mississippi Power launched the Project Ready Certified Site Program as a means to identify locations that are ready to go and relatively risk-free for businesses, thus creating a competitive advantage for attracting new companies into the region.
Sites must meet high criteria in such areas as infrastructure, utilities, transportation and facilities.
Stennis is the first Mississippi site to gain the technology park certification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi