Stennis named ‘Project Ready’
HANCOCK COUNTY — Mississippi Power Co. director of economic development Arnie Williams recently presented NASA’s John C. Stennis Space Center deputy director Patrick Scheuermann with a commemorative plate designating the facility as a Project Ready technology park.
The designation certifies Stennis Space Center as a "project ready" site for high-tech businesses seeking a new location. Mississippi Power launched the Project Ready Certified Site Program as a means to identify locations that are ready to go and relatively risk-free for businesses, thus creating a competitive advantage for attracting new companies into the region.
Sites must meet high criteria in such areas as infrastructure, utilities, transportation and facilities.
Stennis is the first Mississippi site to gain the technology park certification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal