Mississippi Business Journal welcomes new publisher
Alan Turner has been named Publisher of the Mississippi Business Journal .
Turner, with 30 years experience in the publishing industry, replaces Publisher Ed Darling, who retired after a distinguished 45-year career in journalism.
Turner has worked extensively in the media business, including daily and community newspapers, business and legal publications, broadcasting, magazines, and internet publishing and marketing. In recent years, as a consultant, he worked with a range of clients including MultiMedia, Alternative Media Inc., the University of Florida, Primedia, Swift, Westwind Publishing, and others.
“I’m truly happy to be joining the Mississippi Business Journal ,” Turner said. “My firm commitment is to deliver quality publications that meet the needs of readers and advertisers throughout Mississippi, as well as to present information of value through our Web site. I’m confident there are and will be, opportunities to grow the Mississippi Business Journal and extend our reach and influence further among the business community throughout the state.”
Mark Singletary, group publisher of parent company Dolan Media’s business publications, said Dolan is indeed lucky to have Turner on board.
“Alan Turner is an extraordinary publishing professional with a vast amount of experience,” Singletary said. “We’ve worked very hard to find exactly the right person for the Mississippi Business Journal , and we know our readers and advertisers will be pleased with the result.”
That perspective was echoed by Mark Stodder, Executive Vice President for Dolan Media. “Turner brings to us a broad and diverse range of media, marketing, and management experience in large and small markets alike, and we look forward to putting some of his expertise to work for us in Mississippi,” he said.
Turner joins the Mississippi Business Journal after heading up Dolan’s Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly following time at corporate, in Baltimore, and in St. Louis, developing a first-hand view of other Dolan operations.
“I must say, I’ve been impressed by everything I’ve seen since joining the company,” Turner said. “I’d have to say that the most impressive thing has been the extraordinary commitment and enthusiasm I’ve seen among our Mississippi staff. It’s great to be a part of that.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Mississippi Business Journal welcomes new publisher”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- FEMA awards grant to defray costs of moving tornado-damaged hospital