Mississippi Business Journal welcomes new publisher
Alan Turner has been named Publisher of the Mississippi Business Journal .
Turner, with 30 years experience in the publishing industry, replaces Publisher Ed Darling, who retired after a distinguished 45-year career in journalism.
Turner has worked extensively in the media business, including daily and community newspapers, business and legal publications, broadcasting, magazines, and internet publishing and marketing. In recent years, as a consultant, he worked with a range of clients including MultiMedia, Alternative Media Inc., the University of Florida, Primedia, Swift, Westwind Publishing, and others.
“I’m truly happy to be joining the Mississippi Business Journal ,” Turner said. “My firm commitment is to deliver quality publications that meet the needs of readers and advertisers throughout Mississippi, as well as to present information of value through our Web site. I’m confident there are and will be, opportunities to grow the Mississippi Business Journal and extend our reach and influence further among the business community throughout the state.”
Mark Singletary, group publisher of parent company Dolan Media’s business publications, said Dolan is indeed lucky to have Turner on board.
“Alan Turner is an extraordinary publishing professional with a vast amount of experience,” Singletary said. “We’ve worked very hard to find exactly the right person for the Mississippi Business Journal , and we know our readers and advertisers will be pleased with the result.”
That perspective was echoed by Mark Stodder, Executive Vice President for Dolan Media. “Turner brings to us a broad and diverse range of media, marketing, and management experience in large and small markets alike, and we look forward to putting some of his expertise to work for us in Mississippi,” he said.
Turner joins the Mississippi Business Journal after heading up Dolan’s Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly following time at corporate, in Baltimore, and in St. Louis, developing a first-hand view of other Dolan operations.
“I must say, I’ve been impressed by everything I’ve seen since joining the company,” Turner said. “I’d have to say that the most impressive thing has been the extraordinary commitment and enthusiasm I’ve seen among our Mississippi staff. It’s great to be a part of that.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Mississippi Business Journal welcomes new publisher”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again