Entergy takes home Blue Flame
JACKSON — The Mississippi Minority Business Alliance (MMBA) honored Entergy Mississippi Inc. with the Flame Award at the organization’s ninth-annual Awards Gala. The Flame Award is given in recognition of and appreciation for exceptional support of minority business efforts in Mississippi.
“Such support greatly exceeds the norm and provides momentum for the growth and stability of Mississippi’s minority business community,” said De Jonnette Grantham-King, chairperson of the board for MMBA. “This prestigious and highly coveted award honors the generous giving of resources, both financial and in-kind.
“Entergy Mississippi’s support lights the flame to a stronger economic climate for the Mississippi business community as a whole.”
In addition to the Flame Award, MMBA annually recognizes outstanding minority businesses, a corporate citizen who is a minority business champion and individuals who have promoted and fostered the growth and stability of Mississippi’s minority business community.
“We’re honored and humbled to receive this prestigious award,” said Haley Fisackerly, president and CEO of Entergy Mississippi. “The mission of Entergy is to create a winning culture, which can only be achieved in an environment that fosters creativity, productivity and mutual respect of all people.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete