Entergy takes home Blue Flame
JACKSON — The Mississippi Minority Business Alliance (MMBA) honored Entergy Mississippi Inc. with the Flame Award at the organization’s ninth-annual Awards Gala. The Flame Award is given in recognition of and appreciation for exceptional support of minority business efforts in Mississippi.
“Such support greatly exceeds the norm and provides momentum for the growth and stability of Mississippi’s minority business community,” said De Jonnette Grantham-King, chairperson of the board for MMBA. “This prestigious and highly coveted award honors the generous giving of resources, both financial and in-kind.
“Entergy Mississippi’s support lights the flame to a stronger economic climate for the Mississippi business community as a whole.”
In addition to the Flame Award, MMBA annually recognizes outstanding minority businesses, a corporate citizen who is a minority business champion and individuals who have promoted and fostered the growth and stability of Mississippi’s minority business community.
“We’re honored and humbled to receive this prestigious award,” said Haley Fisackerly, president and CEO of Entergy Mississippi. “The mission of Entergy is to create a winning culture, which can only be achieved in an environment that fosters creativity, productivity and mutual respect of all people.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015