Memorial, Keesler form partnership
GULFPORT and BILOXI — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport and Keesler Medical Center in Biloxi have joined in a unique partnership offering several medical subspecialties to Mississippi Gulf Coast residents for the first time.
The Keesler facility and Memorial Hospital signed a training affiliation agreement in April 2009 for subspecialists in pediatrics and obstetrics and gynecology to provide care for military and civilian patients on the Coast in association with Memorial Hospital and its surrounding clinics.
The agreement expands the population base for these particular subspecialists, helping the physicians increase proficiency in the latest medical skills and techniques, as well as, providing a platform for the return of pediatric and OB/GYN residencies to the Keesler facility.
“The win-win for the communities we serve is the expansion of children’s services and the availability of maternal-fetal medicine. This partnership will also increase access to Memorial’s neonatal intensive care unit for premature infants. It’s also important to recognize the support of Memorial’s medical staff for these services,” said Memorial Hospital president/CEO, Gary Marchand.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force