Memorial, Keesler form partnership
GULFPORT and BILOXI — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport and Keesler Medical Center in Biloxi have joined in a unique partnership offering several medical subspecialties to Mississippi Gulf Coast residents for the first time.
The Keesler facility and Memorial Hospital signed a training affiliation agreement in April 2009 for subspecialists in pediatrics and obstetrics and gynecology to provide care for military and civilian patients on the Coast in association with Memorial Hospital and its surrounding clinics.
The agreement expands the population base for these particular subspecialists, helping the physicians increase proficiency in the latest medical skills and techniques, as well as, providing a platform for the return of pediatric and OB/GYN residencies to the Keesler facility.
“The win-win for the communities we serve is the expansion of children’s services and the availability of maternal-fetal medicine. This partnership will also increase access to Memorial’s neonatal intensive care unit for premature infants. It’s also important to recognize the support of Memorial’s medical staff for these services,” said Memorial Hospital president/CEO, Gary Marchand.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate