Memorial, Keesler form partnership
GULFPORT and BILOXI — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport and Keesler Medical Center in Biloxi have joined in a unique partnership offering several medical subspecialties to Mississippi Gulf Coast residents for the first time.
The Keesler facility and Memorial Hospital signed a training affiliation agreement in April 2009 for subspecialists in pediatrics and obstetrics and gynecology to provide care for military and civilian patients on the Coast in association with Memorial Hospital and its surrounding clinics.
The agreement expands the population base for these particular subspecialists, helping the physicians increase proficiency in the latest medical skills and techniques, as well as, providing a platform for the return of pediatric and OB/GYN residencies to the Keesler facility.
“The win-win for the communities we serve is the expansion of children’s services and the availability of maternal-fetal medicine. This partnership will also increase access to Memorial’s neonatal intensive care unit for premature infants. It’s also important to recognize the support of Memorial’s medical staff for these services,” said Memorial Hospital president/CEO, Gary Marchand.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials