Rural Development funding awarded
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that 111 projects in 35 states, including Mississippi, have been selected to receive more than $34.9 million in grants to increase educational opportunities and expand access to healthcare services in rural areas.
The funding will be provided through USDA Rural Development’s Distance Learning and Telemedicine Program.
Mississippi entities receiving funding are Delta State University ($316,209), Delta Health Alliance Inc. ($186,200) and Kilmichael Hospital ($87,252).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker