Rural Development funding awarded
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that 111 projects in 35 states, including Mississippi, have been selected to receive more than $34.9 million in grants to increase educational opportunities and expand access to healthcare services in rural areas.
The funding will be provided through USDA Rural Development’s Distance Learning and Telemedicine Program.
Mississippi entities receiving funding are Delta State University ($316,209), Delta Health Alliance Inc. ($186,200) and Kilmichael Hospital ($87,252).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal