Rural Development funding awarded
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that 111 projects in 35 states, including Mississippi, have been selected to receive more than $34.9 million in grants to increase educational opportunities and expand access to healthcare services in rural areas.
The funding will be provided through USDA Rural Development’s Distance Learning and Telemedicine Program.
Mississippi entities receiving funding are Delta State University ($316,209), Delta Health Alliance Inc. ($186,200) and Kilmichael Hospital ($87,252).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Texas company buys Tuscaloosa Marine Shale leases