Chambers named to EPA board
Janice E. “Jan” Chambers, a William L. Giles Distinguished Professor and director of Mississippi State University’s (MSU’s) Center for Environmental Health Sciences, is the new vice chair of the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Human Studies Review Board, a congressionally mandated committee reviewing scientific and ethical research of human subjects.
In addition to authoring more than 80 publications and 230 scientific abstracts, Chambers has led in securing more than $30 million in competitive research grants. She also has a long history of service on federal advisory committees related to pesticide data.
An MSU doctoral graduate who taught in the biological sciences department before moving to the veterinary college, Chambers is credited with gaining College Board approval in 2000 of a new doctoral program in environmental toxicology, the only one of its kind in the state.
Earlier this year, she became the first woman to receive the international Society of Toxicology’s Education Award. In 2005, she became the first and only woman to receive the American Chemical Society/Agrochemical Division’s International Award for Research.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years