Martin new leader in Stoneville
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2009
Steve Martin has been named head of Mississippi State University’s Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville. Martin assumed his duties as head of the regional facility Nov. 1. He was named interim head of the center in July 2008, following the appointment of then DREC head Joe Street as associate director of the MSU Extension Service.
The new center administrator began his MSU career in 1997 as a graduate research assistant in the Department of Agricultural Economics. He earned his doctorate in agricultural economics at Mississippi State and also holds master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business administration and agricultural and extension education, respectively, from MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building