Moon elected IEDC officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2009
The nominating committee of the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) has elected Mississippi Manufacturers Association president and CEO Jay C. Moon, CEcD, FM, as secretary/treasurer of its board of directors. Moon will serve a one-year term in his new role beginning in Jan. 2010.
Moon has more than 25 years of successful economic development experience. He previously served as the deputy director and director for international development with the Mississippi Development Authority. He also has extensive experience in international markets including Asia, Europe and Latin America. Moon has led dozens of trade and investment missions and has managed international offices in seven countries. Additionally, he has successful community-based economic development experience, having directed the economic and community development programs for the City of Gulfport for many years. He has also held responsible positions in the states of Kentucky and Georgia.
A Certified Economic Developer, Moon is currently an instructor and mentor with the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute, and an instructor with the EDI-IEDC-CETY’s program in Mexico. He has also taught courses on international development and incentives as a part of the basic course at the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41