Moon elected IEDC officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2009
The nominating committee of the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) has elected Mississippi Manufacturers Association president and CEO Jay C. Moon, CEcD, FM, as secretary/treasurer of its board of directors. Moon will serve a one-year term in his new role beginning in Jan. 2010.
Moon has more than 25 years of successful economic development experience. He previously served as the deputy director and director for international development with the Mississippi Development Authority. He also has extensive experience in international markets including Asia, Europe and Latin America. Moon has led dozens of trade and investment missions and has managed international offices in seven countries. Additionally, he has successful community-based economic development experience, having directed the economic and community development programs for the City of Gulfport for many years. He has also held responsible positions in the states of Kentucky and Georgia.
A Certified Economic Developer, Moon is currently an instructor and mentor with the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute, and an instructor with the EDI-IEDC-CETY’s program in Mexico. He has also taught courses on international development and incentives as a part of the basic course at the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager