Smith, Tharp honored by NAIW
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2009
Alicia Key Smith, customer service representative from the Morrell Agency Inc, recently was named Rookie of the Year for the Mississippi Council of the National Association of Insurance Women (NAIW.) The Rookie of the Year award recognizes excellence among those who have been a member of the Mississippi Council of NAIW for less than two years. Among the criteria considered in conferring the award are the candidate’s participation in association activities, involvement in insurance industry education programs and activities undertaken in the community. Smith will go on to compete at the regional level; regional winners compete at the national level.
Ann C Tharp, CIC, ACSR, CISR, CPIW, agent at Collins Insurance Agency, recently was named Insurance Professional of the Year for the Mississippi Council of NAIW. The Insurance Professional of the Year award recognizes excellence among those who have been employed in the insurance industry a minimum of 10 years. Among the criteria considered in conferring the award are the candidate’s participation in association activities, involvement in insurance industry education programs, industry experience and current professional capacity, activities undertaken in the community and response to an industry-related essay question.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy