Smith, Tharp honored by NAIW
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2009
Alicia Key Smith, customer service representative from the Morrell Agency Inc, recently was named Rookie of the Year for the Mississippi Council of the National Association of Insurance Women (NAIW.) The Rookie of the Year award recognizes excellence among those who have been a member of the Mississippi Council of NAIW for less than two years. Among the criteria considered in conferring the award are the candidate’s participation in association activities, involvement in insurance industry education programs and activities undertaken in the community. Smith will go on to compete at the regional level; regional winners compete at the national level.
Ann C Tharp, CIC, ACSR, CISR, CPIW, agent at Collins Insurance Agency, recently was named Insurance Professional of the Year for the Mississippi Council of NAIW. The Insurance Professional of the Year award recognizes excellence among those who have been employed in the insurance industry a minimum of 10 years. Among the criteria considered in conferring the award are the candidate’s participation in association activities, involvement in insurance industry education programs, industry experience and current professional capacity, activities undertaken in the community and response to an industry-related essay question.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force