Swan named best in 2009
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2009
Millie Swan, Forrest General Hospital’s chief of marketing and medical staff services, has been awarded the Senior Professional of the Year for 2009 by the Mississippi Hospital Association’s Society for Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations.
Swan has been with Forrest General for 14 years and has directed the marketing, medical staff services, medical library, community education, FG On Call and print shop departments. She recently received a promotion to the title of chief of marketing and medical staff services. She has worked as a public and physician relations practitioner in the field of healthcare for over 20 years. Swan has been recognized as one of Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40 and with the Sales and Marketing Executives International – Hattiesburg Chapter’s Distinguished Sales and Marketing Award. Swan has also given leadership to numerous philanthropic and professional organizations, including serving as past president of the Mississippi Hospital Association’s Public Relations and Marketing Society.
Swan and her husband, Randy, are the proud parents of 16-year-old Ivey and 5-year-old Zoey Grace.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access