Welch appointed to ABA committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2009
W. Scott Welch of the law firm Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, has been appointed to serve on the American Bar Association (ABA) Standing Committee on Judicial Independence and the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) National Trial Academy Special Standing Committee. Welch was appointed by ABA president Carolyn Lamm to serve a three-year term.
Welch, a shareholder in the firm’s Jackson office, concentrates his practice in civil litigation with an emphasis on personal injury, business tort, commercial, transportation and product liability litigation, and insurance. He is a past president of The Mississippi Bar, a past national president of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and the Foundation of ABOTA. He served as state delegate to the ABA House of Delegates from Mississippi (2001-2006) and on the ABA Board of Governors (2006-2009). As a member of the Board of Governors, he served as its liaison to TIPS and to ABA Standing Committees on Judicial Independence, Lawyer Professional Liability, Medical Professional Liability and Membership. Welch has been recognized in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1995. Since 2006, he has been named a Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyer and has been listed as among top 50 attorneys in Mississippi by Mid-South Super Lawyers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino